The NOX Group offers its clients a wide range of services with regards property diagnostic testing and analysis.
We guarantee precise and detailed assessments of existing structures so as to highlight any flaws that may have an impact on the quality and sustainability of any one work project.
The NOX Group steps in on all types of work projects and adapts the techniques and technology to suit the projects we are entrusted with.
- Sounding and subsoil exploration:
- Geo radar system for non-destructive sounding;
- Ultrasound measurements;
- Measuring the extent of any possible steel corrosion;
- Sounding and taking samples;
- Excavation work and subsoil exploration.
- Diagnostics and surveying report:
- Visual diagnostics/ due diligence investigation;
- Pathological diagnosis (concrete, wood, metal, stone);
- Diagnosis for outside thermal insulation systems (ETICS);
- Regulatory technical diagnosis (accessibility, asbestos, safety, fire, lead);
- Diagnostic report further to a safety incident;
- Fire resistance rating/quality of fire separation panels;
- Report for the structure before any alteration is to take place (extension, renovation, raising).
- Engineering and requirements:
- Modelling and analysing structures (reinforced concrete, metal and wood);
- Load bearing capacity calculation;
- Strengthening requirements;
- Sizing up and optimising solutions for strengthening;
- advice for openings or alterations made to load bearing elements.
- Material analysis:
- Concrete (mechanical trials, physical measurements, chemical and mineral analysis, etc.);
- Steel (physical trials, scanning electron microscopic observations);
- Ground (PH measurements, particle size/chemical measurements, microscopic observations);
- Technical assistance:
- Technical Assistance:
- Study for alteration projects (destination change, raising, extension, etc.);
- Budget estimation for strengthening work;
- Drawing up a specifications list;
- Checking work carried out for strengthening.
The NOX Group uses means of investigation suited to each type of exploration, whether it be using destructive tests or otherwise:
- GSSI Ground penetrating radar;
- Device for measuring using ultrasound;
- Device for detecting and measuring any degree of corrosion;
- Equipment used for analysis in the laboratory.
We also use the following software, which is necessary for treating data and for engineering studies: Robot Structural Analysis, Autocad, RadView, Radan.
- Before building or demolition work
Surveying work carried out by the NOX Group means that any type of equipment, material or product for construction likely to contain asbestos can be pinpointed and put into the C list (a short list) with destructive investigations. The work carried out also means that we can take samples for laboratory analysis so as to draw up a report indicating, amongst other things, the characteristics and exact location of these materials.
- DTA (Asbestos technical report)
This file includes the mission for pinpointing materials and products containing asbestos and which appear in list A and B without the need for a destructive investigation; these are compulsory for the asbestos technical report. The surveying work carried out is done according to the The French public Health code.
It is compulsory for the asbestos report to be updated before the 1st February 2021 in the event of sale or construction. This concerns all owners of common areas in a block of flats, office building owners, owners of industrial buildings as well as buildings used for agricultural purposes.
- Before building or demolition work
The operation consists of using X rays to locate all types of construction materials and products likely to contain lead. This needs to be carried out before taking samples for laboratory analysis and drawing up a survey report indicating amongst other things, the characteristics and exact location of these materials and the quantity of lead they contain.
- Diagnostic test for lead/ “CREP” French report (risk of exposure to lead)
A report for the risk of exposure to lead for all private parts of a building used for residential purposes must be carried out in the event of sale or lease as well as when filing for planning permission. This applies to all buildings built before the 1st January 1949.
In most cases, lead is to be found in paint, but it may also be found in wallpaper and pipes.
This measure also applies to outside equipment such as shutters, metal railing, gates, etc.
The French “CREP” report aims to protect inhabitants against the risk of lead poisoning also referred to as ‘saturnism’.
The diagnostician used by the NOX Group:
- Is responsible for identifying all elements with coating that contains 1 milligram of lead per cm²;
- They are also responsible for noting their state of conservation;
- and pinpointing any possible factors responsible for deterioration of the building so that anything harmful can be identified.
- RT 2012 studies (thermal report)
- RT studies for existing buildings;
- Studies for energy supply to all buildings with a surface area less than 1,000m2.
Energy performance diagnostics (French DPE study)
For its clients, the NOX Group carries out an energy performance assessment for the purpose of construction work, sale or lease.
This study assesses energy consumption whether real or estimated for standardized use of the building. The assessment also allows energy performance classification from A to G for the building. The report is drawn up with recommendations aimed at improving energy performance. We also offer a group energy performance assessment (DPE group) for buildings with co-ownership.
Since the 1st July 2017, it has been compulsory to display the DPE assessment report in the entrance hall of a building open to the public from category 1 to 4 with a surface area over 250 m².
3D digitalization and modelling with the help of 3D scanners
The most efficient solution is using a three-dimensional measuring machine.
Using laser scanner technology allows a very high degree of accuracy for 3D measuring, digitisation and comparing parts with complex structures as part of the production process and for assured quality.
Our 3D technology also means that we can have a virtual visit of properties that have not yet been built using a virtual reality headset. Our clients can also get to see their future building, before the work has even started.
Would you like to request a quote or obtain any further information on our property diagnostics? Click here to contact us.